Review: Shattered Pieces (Heathens Ink #4) by K.M. Neuhold

“I was sure my heart had withered away years ago, but then you smiled at me, and I felt it beat again.” ~Gage
Years ago, I fell in love with my best friend’s little brother. Then, he took his own life, leaving me shattered and unable to piece my heart back together. I’ve been a zombie for nine long years. Until a crazy, gorgeous man walked into Heathens Ink and injected color back into my world of gray. No matter how hard I try to resist Beck, he just won’t give up on me. I would need steel willpower to withstand his gorgeous long legs in those high heels and his drawer full of lacy lingerie. But is this just a kinky hook up or does it have the possibility for more?



“We’re both broken, but our jagged edges fit together well” ~ Beck
When you’re half of a whole you never contemplate what life would be like without your matching piece. Since my twin sister, Brianna, died last year, nothing I do seems to quiet my soul. I know there has to be some way for me to feel happy and whole again. And, when I look into the pained eyes of the tattoo artist at Heathens Ink, I feel like I have a purpose. I can’t explain it, but I feel like I have to find a way to put him back together.


**Shattered Pieces is the fourth book in the Heathens Ink series, each book in the series CAN be read as a standalone.



If you’re keeping track, this is the second book in this series I've read and I have to say, a lot of the issues I had in the previous book are vastly improved in this story. The character POV didn't flip as abruptly this time, which is extremely pleasing.

This author writes characters well, and the chemistry and development in this story did not disappoint. I loved Beck as a character, and I loved how he interacted with Gage. My only complaint is I would have enjoyed learning a bit more about him as a Lawyer. I think it would have given him that extra layer.

Gage is a sweetheart, but totally wrapped up in his grief. He needed someone like Beck to do a sneak attack and get through his walls. It was nice to see him slowly unfurl into someone with a personality. While some of his internal dialogue was repetitive, it was good to see him challenge his thoughts and views each time.

These characters connected well. Their chemistry in the bedroom was hot. I'm pleased that each scene was different and exciting. I've grown bored of erotica recently, but this was enticing and engaging.

I enjoyed the plot, and there was no added drama for angst sake. This was an easy read, and I didn't put the book down except to sleep (and work).

I'm looking forward to the next book, and hope that the momentum continues.

A review copy was provided for an honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment