Audiobook Review: Forgotten Paradise by Shira Anthony

It’s dangerous diving for secrets.

When a mega company threatens to take over his family-owned business, programming prodigy Adam Preston escapes the stress with a much-needed vacation in the Dominican Republic. There he meets attractive, intelligent, insightful Jonah James, a scuba dive instructor, and what starts as a holiday fling soon blossoms into much more.

But Jonah has a secret: ten years ago he woke up on an island beach with no idea how he got there… or even who he is. Their paradise may not be as perfect as it seems. When Jonah’s memories come crashing back like waves on the sand, will it be Adam clinging to the proverbial life raft, or will the two men find a safe harbor to ride out the storm?

Narrated by Andrew McFerrin

Listening Time: 5 hrs 49 min




Awwwww man...


I feel like I let the team down with this one by not fulfilling my Dreamspun Cracky Fluff squealing obligations, but this one fell flat for me.

I never felt it between Jonah and Adam. I found myself more interested in figuring out who Jonah was when he had amnesia while they were in the Dominican Republic but once that was resolved... I got bored. All the corporate maneuvering left me cold and unengaged. Even Adam's family drama did nothing for me.

McFerrin did a good job with the voices though all the women and Phil sounded alike and his voice for Jonah changed as the story evolved, getting higher and less rumbly.

There were a couple of surprises in the story and I enjoyed that as well as the HEA. Unfortunately the romance that happened in the last couple of chapters wasn't enough to save my first Shira Anthony experience, but I'll try again with another one in the future.



A review copy was provided.





See our tag team eBook review HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment