Review: Performance Review (Daniel and Ryan #5) by Tamryn Eradani

After a day testing Daniel’s limits and then a day being spoiled, Daniel has some time to reflect on his and Ryan’s relationship. He thinks they’re ready for their next step; planning a weekend away.
















I give up and I give in. These two, Daniel and Ryan are addicting and regardless of how short each book in this kinky serial romance is, I am hooked.

This one was ridiculously hot. Like crossing your legs and squirming at your desk while you read it in your office during a career workshop for students hot. So hot.

This installment is basically one day out of the now standard weekends spent with Ryan and Daniel trying out new scenes and this Saturday was incredible. So freaking fracking incredible and so hot.

Have I mentioned it was hot? *winks*

I like that we get glimpses of the relationship turning from seduction by donut, to D/s scene play and then to more as the men spend time together. It’s not just the time they spend, it’s the level of trust growing between them to give the other exactly what they want and being rewarded by it.

Daniel can almost forget that he doesn’t have everything he wants…

Ultimately, though, it doesn’t matter what Daniel wants, because Ryan’s going to do what he wants.

This book and Daniel’s experience during the scene is the perfect example of how I feel about the series as a whole. Don’t get me wrong with my frustrations about it because I truly love the hell out of Daniel and Ryan with their scenes and how strongly they feel about one another. I love watching as Ryan tells Daniel he’s beautiful when he’s a total mess and all fucked out and how much Daniel wants to believe that because it’s coming from Ryan. I adore being in Daniel’s POV and how hard he tries to please Ryan because Ryan has become all that he wants and not just when he’s being all bossy and hot AF.

And yet I wish that just once, we’d get inside Ryan’s head and get his POV. I would love to get him really seeing Daniel during a scene and after. I would have loved to be in his POV as he prepared for THIS scene, for reasons. Mmm hmm.

This series is the ultimate edge play for a reader; making you hot and bothered and then just when you think you’ll get a climax out of the content, you’re cut off and left cold. It’s totally delayed gratification and played well by the author. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t leave me as frustrated as a male dog who can’t have the female in heat in the yard next to him, it just means it leaves me wanting more and I really want more.

So this book and the scene was amazing. Ryan being sweet in the morning was super swoon worthy and Daniel being playful and learning to be less rigid with some of his OCD is adorable and endearing. That end proposal of a romantic spa weekend together has me jonseing for the next book and once again, wondering how long this series will be. I need some declarations between these two and maybe something more permanent than weekend play. Maybe if I beg I can have it? Or if I’m just a really good girl? Please?





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35015429-performance-review

No comments:

Post a Comment