Audiobook Review: Snowblind by Eli Easton

Snow, steam, and secrets.

The latest snowstorm carries something unexpected to the doorstep of Hutch’s secluded Alaskan cabin: a stranger named Jude, the most beautiful man Hutch has ever seen. Jude says he’s in the area for a ski trip and that he fled a domineering lover, thinking he could make it into town. But Hutch is a suspicious SOB and treats his unwanted guest warily. The problem is Jude isn’t just gorgeous, he’s funny and smart and flirtatious.

Two gay men snowed in for three days—things happen. Really good things. By the time the storm clears, Hutch finds himself a little too attached to Jude Devereaux, San Francisco-based male model. But is Jude what he claims to be? Or is he entangled in the secrets Hutch moved to Alaska to escape?

Listening Time: 5 hrs 39 min
Narrated by: John Solo





Sweet lord, I have missed the cracky fluff that is the Dreamspun series! I *may* have gorged a teeny lil bit on this one.


oops

I couldn't help myself, though, because this fluff was primo. We have the pretty boy model in Jude meeting the strong silent type in Hutch under some life threatening circumstances in the wilds of Alaska. Hutch is guarded and gruff. He trusts no one which is why he lives between the middle of nowhere and the end of the line, but the bubbly Jude is very appealing. I started dancing a little bit at this development. You know my feels on the grumps.



Once Jude defrosts it's clear he is Hutch's opposite and seemingly into Hutch. Trapped in a tiny cabin in the middle of nowhere during a snowstorm things start to heat up with a quickness. 

Sexy cracky fluff?!?!?!!? YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



DSP has said this series isn't meant to be super sexy but I don't think Easton got that memo or if she did she knew just where to stick it. Because between the flirting, the strip poker, the kitchen pounding... KITCHEN POUNDING WITH A POWER BOTTOM, PEOPLE!!!!!!!! I seriously considered licking my phone while listening to this. I refrained but it was a near thing.



Alright... I *may* have fondled it a little. We're still on speaking terms so alls well that ends well.
I had my pink heart shaped goggles going and was settling in to Cheech & Chong the fuck out of the Jutch fluff when the secret past plot twist came along and took this thing next level! 



I love suspense and action and this had both, though I don't think they overwhelm the romance. Easton did a fantastic job of showing their connection and how gaga they are about each other with the dual POVs throughout the story while keeping the plot moving forward with the action. And when the thing happened in the basement when Jude thought Hutch was a mirage...


SQUEEEEEEEPLOSIONS! SQUEEEEEEEEPLOSIONS ERRRRYYYWHERE!!!!
More often than not I had a goofy smile on my face and even a few times fist pumped the air. Because I am a dork. Their exponential levels of cuteness are my only defense. Tis true I OD'd on the Jutch fluff throughout but the ending very nearly killed me to death.  

What made this even greater was Solo's narration. He did distinct voices for all the characters with a spot on Hutch. Gawd, his Hutch was awesome-deep and rumbly. Mmmmphf. It makes for an all encompassing entertainment experience when the narrator has fun with the story and really brings it. Solo brought it and in so doing brought life to the Jutch fluff.

I do sincerely hope Easton writes another cracky fluff and if it involves Randy... *meaningful nodding* I will be a happy reader/listener if she does. Snowblind has climbed to the top of my cracky fluff faves list and I would recommend it to romance and audiobook fans. 







A review copy was provided.







See our ebook review HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment