Review: Guns n' Boys: Chokehold (Guns n' Boys #5) by K.A. Merikan

--- The ugliest truths blossom into the prettiest lies. ---

A year into the relationship with Domenico, Seth still wants him as desperately as ever. Nothing is better than being intoxicated with lust for his deadly man and feeling his steady hands all over.
No matter the misunderstandings, the fights... The crash. The burn.

Crossing the Mexican border has been a goal for Seth and Domenico for a few months, but the trip couldn’t have ended in more of a disaster. While Domenico is stuck at home, for Seth each passing day becomes more difficult. Desperate to keep his family afloat, he accepts a job offer from Los Sepultureros. The Gravediggers.

When Domenico’s need for control starts eroding their trust, Seth is sure their love can conquer all. But when Domenico rips open the wound left after the violence at the beginning of their relationship, it gushes blood all over their cozy lies and this time, there may be no way to seal it.


I was so pleased to get my hands on this book as I'm a huge fan of the Guns n' Boys series. Dom and Seth are one of my favourite book couples and I love stepping into their world - violent though it is!

For fans of this series, this book will give you a fix until the next one comes out. Dom is Dom and Seth is Seth. Miscommunication of any kind is usually a sure fire way to get me to stop reading a book, but because of the personalities involved here, it works. It isn't just a plot device, the lack of communication at times is a vital part of who the characters are. The lack of communication fuels the plot and pushes it forward, rather than being a construct simply to get A to B to C. 

The Mafioso world of Seth and Dom is very violent and this book is no exception. If you like your stories gory and gruesome I'd definitely recommend this series. This fifth instalment of the series goes south of the border and out of North America. An escape for Dom, Seth and Mark? Not where their luck is concerned! Though all they really want (at least Seth does) is a place to live happily, to have nice things, create good food and be a family - fate really sees their lives going in a different direction though.

As I'm an old romantic, the reason I am so in love with these books is the relationship between Dom and Seth. It's never simple but I adore it, and to me, the story surrounding them is an added bonus. I love it primarily for the way it tests and teases their relationship. The action is always well written and well thought out though and there is always a surprise or two just when I think I know where the book is going!

K. A. Merikan is an author I will keep coming back to. Versatile and original, the combined talents of Kat and Agnes are never boring and I'd recommend them to all those who like something a little bit different.

A copy of this book was given on exchange for an honest review.
For more information, see Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment