Review: Timing by Ashley John

When it comes to love, is timing everything? 

Tom doesn’t have time for a relationship – not now that his fingers are practically touching the promotion he’s spent years chasing. His weekdays are consumed by desperately fighting for his editor’s attention and his weekends are wasted alone with meals for one and his cat for company. 


All Cole has ever wanted is to work on the farm he was raised on, but money is tighter than ever and he is forced to get a job in a bar to keep a roof over him and his auntie’s heads. Time is running out for the farm but he spends his days dreaming about a future he thinks he’ll never have. 


After an unexpected collision at the village train station, their lives suddenly become connected when Cole clumsily spills his coffee on Tom and it sets into motion something greater. Tom is wary of listening to his heart and Cole is distracted by the threat of losing everything. Each possesses something the other desperately needs, but can they ignore bad timing to listen to their hearts?



Before I even start this review, can we take a moment to admire the cover. Isn't it gorgeous?? That smile...

This story made me grin. It was a warm hug of a book that I really enjoyed reading. I must admit, I do have a real soft spot for rural stories. The vibe is, necessarily, different to urban tales and they often become my comfort reads. They feel familiar and comforting, and the trials and tribulations of the characters just resonate with me for some reason. Timing straddles the divide and has both an urban and rural setting, I really liked this.

Ashley John puts a lot into his characters and each individual is just that - individual. Without being wacky or out there he manages to not just create and recreate the same personas time and again. This is appreciated as I like discovering the new characters each book; I don't skim because I've met that person before.

That being said, Ashley John does have his own writing style. Of course, all authors do! I kind of know, not the storyline, but the way the story will go - and again, for a comfort read, a Sunday read, this works really well for me. Timing was no exception. It has all the elements I expected to make up an Ashley John story, but was still unique enough to interesting and enjoyable.

I mean, the romance was just yummy. How often does Timing come into play with relationships? Chance encounters and bad timing written into a love story that was sweet and lovely. Any Ashley John fan will enjoy this book, I'm sure. Those looking for a comfort read would do worse than to check this author out, too.

A copy of this book was given for an honest review.
For more information see Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment