Review: Between Love and Obsession by Cassidy Ryan

When love crosses the line into darkness…

Ben can’t walk away from Aiden, even though Aiden seems to have no problem walking away from him, time and time again. In spite of his friend’s warnings, Ben refuses to believe that Aiden is just using him, until a devastating secret is revealed. However, Aiden isn’t the only one with something to hide.

Someone else is keeping a secret that threatens not only Ben and Aiden’s relationship, but Ben’s very life. Will they be able to keep Ben alive?

Publisher's Note: This book has previously been released elsewhere. It has been revised and re-edited for re-release with Pride Publishing.




This story had a lot going for it. Ben will not walk away from Aiden because he accepts him and his wandering ways, and even though he wants more, he will take what he is given. Until he finds out Aiden’s secret, and then things take a really bizarre turn.

The story starts on a high note…. And by high, I been sexy, and by note, I mean orgasms. The erotica in this story was yummy. Dirty talk is hot. Aiden is good at it. Their relationship seems to have evolved into something sweet and comfortable. The brief backstory is enough to give a realistic impression of the dynamics.

I was invested enough in this couple to want them to be together. The author did a great job of giving me these characters and making me like them.

The writing was good. The plot easy to follow. Until the secret. And then all bets were off. It twisted into something completely different and I felt that the author needed to write more on this for it to truly give the story justice. The plot holes were…. Significant. It really needed the fillers to make it work. The idea is great. I wanted to explore it more. I would encourage Cassidy Ryan to take this snippet and expand it into something longer with more invested in the twisty parts. I can see it turning out really well.

But for this short story, I’d say, it needs work. And by work I mean more story. Take this little piece and write a full length novel.

For those who enjoy short stories under 100 pages, with some sex, and some plot, this is a good one. For those who need more…. I can’t really recommend this because it will leave you feeling bereft.

Even though I’m disappointed in the way this unfolded, I will definitely read this author again, because like I said, the writing is good, and the idea is great. Keep going, and give us the rest of this story. I don’t mind being teased, as long as there is follow through. I hope there is follow through for this one.



Check out on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment