Review: Uniform Fetish: Manlove Edition by Various Authors

Does the sight of a cop’s badge—or his handcuffs—make your pulse race? Do you drive by your local firehouse just to catch a glimpse of your favorite fireman? Ever peek in the cockpit just to check out the captain?

If you agree the only thing sexier than a man in uniform is a man out of uniform, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve handpicked an assortment of sizzling hot, uniformed heroes to satisfy your uniform fetish.










Rain and Promises by Elizabeth Monvey - 4 Hearts
This was super hot and so very sweet. It's an established couple story done right. The author managed to pack a lot into a short story with lots of subtle showing that I really appreciated.

Fine Dining by Nicola Cameron - 4 Hearts
Classy sexy men are very classy sexy in this one. They were very highbrow which is generally way outside my wheelhouse, but the characters were warm and loving so I fell for them anyway. Maybe not at the dirty cowboy level I normally do, but fell for them all the same I did.

The Layover by Gale Stanley - 1.5 Hearts
Hmmmmm. Well, cheating is my no fly zone <----see see what I did there? And in my mind you don't have to have sex to cheat, so the whole premise of the story wasn't working for me before I even started. It made both MC's unlikable for me and so when they got their happy ending all I could muster up was, "Good for you. I suppose." with a *smh* for good measure. If cheating isn't a hot button for you you'll probably like it, but, if you're like me, you'll have trouble.

Scars by the COX - 5 Hearts
No one writes inner dialog like the COX. I loved Devil and Gabe together. They are each dealing with demons from their time served and as much as Devil wants to hide away Gabe won't let him wither away on the mountain alone. When Devil realizes that he isn't the only one suffering and Gabe needs him, he's able to open up and they both get what they've always dreamed of. I'd read more contemporary by the COX any time.

A Walk on the Wild Side by Pelaam - 2.5 Hearts
It was good, just not real memorable. The mom was a convenient villain. She was a one dimensional caricature and it seemed too easy to blame everything on her. She deserved it, she was a royal bitch, but it was too easy and too extreme so the story lost credibility for me.

Real Life Role Play by Tamsin Baker - 2.5 Hearts
Tayte pissed me off. I felt bad for Lachlan because I really didn't see what he was doing so wrong for Tayte to be so irritable. He kind of came around in the end, but I didn't see enough of the good to reconcile the dickish behavior and internal dialog.

Mile High Rebound by L.D. Blakely - 4 Hearts
This one was completely charming. Being inside Will's head for his Mile High Rebound was pretty fun because his inner dialog cracked me up. "When your day starts out with such a heavy dose of suck, ambiance isn't nearly as important as alcohol content." No truer words were ever writ. Des is adorably slutty and I mean that in the best possible way. It's really just a story about a hot hook up with a smidge of optimism that they may meet/bone again. Good enough for me in a short story.

The British Are Coming by Lilith Duvalier - 3.5 Hearts
I liked this unique take on the uniform theme. Elijah is a historical reenactment volunteer and the annual event is extra significant this year as we gradually find out about his families struggles as the story evolves. His best friend Colin, is a total charmer and at first I thought those two were going to hook up. That would have been too obvious and convenient though and I liked what the author did with Elijah and his love interest Jasper. Jasper turns out to be the perfect guy at the perfect time.

Fired Up by Lucy Felthouse - 3.5 Hearts
A sweet story about second chances and not too overly convenient coincidences, but the coincidences did come in handy. I loved the conversation between Lucas and Greg as they got to know one another again. There was shy honestly that was incredibly sweet to read. Then it got damn hot.

**as previously posted on GR**

No comments:

Post a Comment