Review: Just a Game by A.J. Ridges

When Bryan reluctantly agrees to let his new neighbor, Ben come over to watch the hockey game, he has no idea that his gay roommate, Tim is home or that Tim has company – male company. While Ben and Bryan are forced to endure the telltale sounds of sex coming from Tim’s bedroom, desires they never knew existed come to the surface.

This book contains erotic m/m sexual content and language that is intended for adult readers.





Just a Game is by a new author so when the request came in I waffled quite a bit before accepting the book for review. I'm glad I said "yes"! This is what I'd call a fantasy erotic romance. Fantasy as in something you'd fantasize about, not fantasy as in unicorns and fairies. It is double GFY and smokin HOT!

I don't want to spoil anything in this short story so I'm just going to make a few observations and let you decide if it's right for you.

My very first thought as I began reading was "whoa, Ben & Tim?" (MCs from Jay Bell's "Something Like...." series) but it didn't take but a page or two to get over that shock and it never crossed my mind again. Tim is not one of the two main characters, he's Bryan's roommate.

I mentioned fantasy earlier. You're going to need to suspend reality just a bit here in order for this to work. I expected this going in because I knew it was a short story and I knew it was GFY. If you know that ahead of time, like I did, it will allow you to enjoy the story without the expectation that it's true to life. I hate mentioning this but I feel I need to; there's unprotected (bareback) sex in this story. Again, I read this as fantasy so it didn't bother me but I know it's a deal breaker for some.

There's not a lot of romance here but there is a touch and it ends with a HFN.

If you're intrigued and you're willing to give this a chance, I don't think you'll be disappointed. This story is available at Smashwords and Amazon for $.99. I enjoyed it and look forward to more from this author.

A copy was provided by the Author for an honest review. This is an erotic short story and I rated it accordingly.



Find more info on Goodreads

1 comment: