Review: Sixty Five Hours by N.R. Walker

Cameron Fletcher and Lucas Hensley are advertising executives who have Sixty Five Hours to pull together the campaign of their careers.

Sixty Five Hours to get along. Sixty Five Hours to not kill each other. Sixty Five Hours to fall in love.






Sixty five hours. That's how long I wish I could have been reading about Cameron and Lucas. They were just that good together.

This had everything I love. It was sweet, sexy and the perfect amount of snark. 
"'How did I ever get so lucky?' he wondered out loud.
'Don't you remember?' I teased him. 'Six months ago you made me spend the weekend - and you showed me your feet.'"
And their weekend together was glorious to be a part of. Just wonderful! Cameron and Lucas complemented each other so well. There was so much chemistry between them and then they had their 'moments'. Oh, their moments. *swoony sigh*

I especially liked how Lucas never pushed Cameron to come out or for more than he could give. He was loving and understanding and just perfect. He gave Lucas the time he needed, which then made Cameron swoon just a little. And me, too.

And the socks! Oh, the socks.
"'Gay socks?'
He laughed. 'The socks aren't gay.'
I begged to differ. 'Well, they're not fucking straight.'"
I loved how they added a bit of quirkiness to Cameron's serious and confident exterior. They made him that much more likeable, if it were possible for me to like these characters any more than I already did.

There were so many little things that added to my enjoyment of this book. Not to mention the chapter titles, this one being my favorite: "I am... a complete fucking emotional sap. And I am... okay with that." <- this meant I was getting some emotional feels and I LOVE THAT! I got snarky and sweet the whole way through, and then Sixty Five Hours turned around and made me cry. Just perfection.
"'Well, crazy socks and foot fetishes... There was never a doubt. It was always going to be a perfect match.'
[...]
'Never a doubt.'"
D'aaaaaaawwwwwwwww!! *sappy grin*

2 comments:

  1. She is an amazing author. I loved this freebie. I would buy a full length novel with these guys. You need to go to her website and read the Sixty-Five Hours Christmas Outtake. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Christmas one on my list! This was the first I've read from her, but it definitely won't be my last.

      Delete